[dba-SQLServer] SQL Server 2005 - Executing query. Waiting for response from data source.

artful at rogers.com artful at rogers.com
Mon Jan 22 16:03:27 CST 2007

Try this instead. Open SSMS then the databases then the db of interest. Select the Database Diagrams node and plonk on the two tables of interest. Save the diagram. Now go New Query, make sure the right database is selected, and then New Query. Select both tables from the list of tables. SQL should automatically know how to join them.

hth,
Arthur