[dba-SQLServer] A weird Access + SQL puzzle

Billy Pang tuxedoman888 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 18:37:31 CDT 2007

were the stored procedure created with 1; suffix on it?

i think i've read about it somewhere where you can created two stored
procedures with the same name but different parameters as long as an integer
suffix is attached to it (but i've never had the need to implement it).

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/En-US/library/aa258259(SQL.80).aspx

On 7/11/07, Arthur Fuller <fuller.artful at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been developing an app for a client on my own box, using winXP SP2,
> Access 2000 SR1, SQL 2005. On my machine it runs just fine. I did a backup
> on my machine and restored that to the client's machine, also running the
> identical Access and SQL 2005 (as far as I can tell). The app runs ok, and
> from inside Management Studio everything looks identical. But from within
> the Access app on the client's machine, all the stored procedure names
> have
> an unexplained suffix of ";1". This is not visible in Management Studio.
> This problem does not affect the views, only the stored procedures.
> Fortunately, lots of the app uses views and not stored procedures.
>
> I've a lot of Access + SQL Server work and never seen this before. I tried
> renaming the procedures from within Access, but no go. I tried
> re-establishing the connection. No go.
>
> I have no idea what is going on here.
>
> Anyone?
>
> TIA,
> Arthur

Billy Pang
http://dbnotes.blogspot.com/
"Once the game is over, the King and the pawn go back in the same box." -
Italian proverb