[dba-SQLServer] Source code version control

Robert L. Stewart rl_stewart at highstream.net
Wed Jun 6 13:10:57 CDT 2007

Thanks Arthur.
Further info.

We have a large db in place with multiple instances of it.
The web guy's bright idea was to take the time to put
each individual object in VSS then keep it up to date.
He got rather upset when I told him "No. It needs more
thought." What I cam up with was to check VSS and see if
an object existed. If not, add the original object and
then the new object. This would build the VSS repository
as we made changes. The idea was to be able to go back
to a previous version of an object if needed.

Robert