[dba-SQLServer] SSIS packages

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 30 13:31:56 CDT 2007

John,

I don't know how to solve the re-execute part of your problem...and I'm not
sure if this will help with 50+ text files...but...

I had 45 SQL statements to run against a number of different fields in a
single table.  I didn't want to have to sit there and push the button 45
times so I took all of the WHERE clauses and put them in a table...1 row
per...I then looped through that table with the query analyzer.  Each record
was passed to a stored procedure that built and executed a SQL insert
statement.

With that in mind...could a SP be used to pass your file names to SSIS if
you had them listed in a table?

Not sure if its possible...I myself am still a newbie to SQL server.

Good Luck,

Mark A. Matte