[dba-SQLServer] SQL Server versus Oracle

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu May 31 17:47:05 CDT 2007

Hi Arthur:

As I teeter on the same precipice. My feelings are that the relational
database model has reached it maximum capabilities.

A couple of good database friends, one who has studied Caché at length and
the other that has been working with Spatial GIS data for years and myself
would be very interested. Note: The GIS data is current being housed in an
Oracle warehouse but there is a complex front-end object modeler from ESRI
(http://www.esri.com/) that actually does all the work.

Our coffee clutch would be very interested in any O-O design project that
you may be planning.

Regards
Jim