[dba-SQLServer] The 2008 "stuff"

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Tue Apr 8 14:05:01 CDT 2008

Hi John,

I got some of the same things - my goal was really to get a copy of VS 2008
in case I ever wanted to develop in .Net.

I know I'll never use the Server 2008 software.

SQL Server 2008 - I'm just now planning to move to SQL Server 2005!

I also got a copy of Vista Ultimate w/SP1.  Wasn't expecting that - but I'll
install it eventually.  This also came with Windows Live Services, and a 90
day trial of Windows Live OneCare.  I probably won't use these.

This is the third launch event I've been to.  This time I showed up about
noon.  Gave my registration bar code to the gal at the desk.  Asked her when
the software was available to pick up and she gave it to me right then.
Then I went downstairs to get a lunch - they were giving away insulated
lunch cooler bags (MS branded of course) which could hold two lunches and
are actually pretty nice.  Then I went home and back to work.  No sleepy
seminars this time.

Dan