[dba-SQLServer] Solved - unable to open billing database

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Apr 14 09:49:32 CDT 2008

The issue was rights to the c: root drive fro my user.  My user had no
"full control" or "modify" rights to the C: drive so if I created a
folder there that folder did not have those rights either (for my user
anyway).  I set security to allow my user those rights and then copied
the database folder to the C: drive and I could then mount the database.

Interestingly, it refused to grant my user those rights to the Windows
directory or the Program Files directory, which is good I guess.

Anyway, I can now create directories in C: with my user and have full
rights to those directories.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.