[dba-SQLServer] Verifying LDAP login using SQL Server 2000

Doris Manning mikedorism at verizon.net
Fri Apr 18 21:04:07 CDT 2008

My boss wants to create a way for internal and external users to login in to
a website by passing the login information through to SQL Server.  The
stored procedure would determine if the user is an internal employee or an
external employee and perform the appropriate validation.

I have successfully built a linked server connection to Active Directory.  I
am able to execute a SQL statement that retrieves a listing of all of the
users.  I'm stuck trying to figure out how to limit the returned list to
just the entry that matches the username and password that are passed into
the stored procedure.

If anyone has any pointers, please let me know.

Doris Manning

Database Administrator

Hargrove Inc.