[dba-SQLServer] SSIS, SQL Server Integration Services, DTS

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Jan 18 13:19:41 CST 2008

Hi Arthur

OK, I'll have a closer look.
Perhaps I should just clean it up and install the SQL Server 2005 Standard.

/gustav

>>> fuller.artful at gmail.com 18-01-2008 19:21:24 >>>
There is a very subtle little checkbox in the installer, and it defaults to
True, which means that you want to install the Express Edition. Why MS
decided to default it to True, I don't know, but it causes myriad downstream
problems. You have been bitten by said "feature".

As to the saved pkg, that depends upon where you decided to save it (file
system or inside the DB).

A.