[dba-SQLServer] AdventureWorks->AdventureWorksDW

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 06:28:11 CDT 2008

I have failed to discover in the docs exactly how AdventureWorksDW was
created from the original source AdventureWorks, such as how and why various
decisions were made. For example, DimCustomer. Should one create a view to
denormalize all the attendant lookups and then use that as one of the data
sources? And even more basically, given your basic OLTP db (call it a), what
steps do you execute to create your OLAP db (call it b)? I understand some
of what to do once I get from a to b, I'm just unsteady on how to get from a
to b.

TIA,