[dba-SQLServer] Locking Discussion

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 11:34:12 CDT 2008

Dan, the very realistic truth is this -- you can't prevent data conflicts.
What you can do is minimize them. You do that best by letting SQL Server do
the work for you. Of course, you need to understand how SQL Server works in
this regard. SQL Server has a set of internal rules that it follows and
almost always, it will make the right choice. If it doesn't, it's probably
your strategy and not SQL Server's that's really the problem.

Susan H.