[dba-SQLServer] Must Relating Fields Have Different Names?

Elizabeth.J.Doering at wellsfargo.com Elizabeth.J.Doering at wellsfargo.com
Wed Jul 30 16:48:02 CDT 2008

Like you, I believe in naming foreign keys the same as the primary key
in the primary table.  For example, the table Activity has primary key
ActivityID and in the table ActivityPermission you will find ActivityID
as the foreign key that relates back to Activity.ActivityID.)  SQL
Server 2005 certainly has no problem.

I suspect 'helpfulness'.

Liz