[dba-SQLServer] Can't drop the PK from a table

Asger Blond ab-mi at post3.tele.dk
Thu Jun 19 10:34:16 CDT 2008

I guess it's the tempdb filling your disk. Did you check the size of tempdb
to see if she's the culprit?

It strikes me that your process inserting 1300 rows every 10 minutes maybe
doesn't leave a window wide enough for SQL Server to apply the index
rebuild-values from tempdb, which would then grow beyond acceptable size.

To get tempdb back to normal size you could restart SQL Server, which will
recreate this database.

Is it viable for you to temporarily disable the process or expand the
interval between the processes? In that case you should be able to run the
REBUILD INDEX without the online option, supposing of course no other
processes are blocking the index.

Asger