[dba-SQLServer] Access limitations

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 23:30:47 CDT 2008

I don't think any of my MDB apps ever cracked the 1GB size, so I leave that
to others. I did get close to that size, but you could say I cheated because
I used replication, with a replica on each local PC and the main replica on
a server, and fairly rapid syncrhonizations. The big advantage this approach
gave me was almost no network traffic, at least as compared to the traffic
incurred by populating listboxes and combo boxes from a server-located BE.
There were a couple of hundred tables but obviously only a few of them were
hit frequently, and the traffic between locals and the main MDB was reduced
to a few KB per syncrhonization -- peanuts compared to the traditional FE/BE
setup.

A.