[dba-SQLServer] Copy a database using a stored procedure or function

Robert L. Stewart robert at webedb.com
Wed Mar 26 08:21:27 CDT 2008

Paul,

Probably not.

John,

There is no such thing as a SQL Server USER. If you do not
want to hire a DBA/SQL Programmer, then you are it, like it
or not.

3rd party tools are there for a reason. They were there for
Access also. If you don't like the FREE tools, buy one that
you do like. Since you have no idea what the previous versions
of SQL Server were like, you have no reference point for the
current version.  I have used and programmed with SQL Server
since 3.21. It has come a long, long way since then.

I gave you a 2/3's completed solution, written as it should
have been, in T-SQL. Stop the bitching and complaining. If
you need help, you have received it from this list. But, I
have to agree with Francisco, you got the help even if you
are enabling spamming and junk mail.

Robert