[dba-SQLServer] Copy a database using a stored procedure or function

Robert L. Stewart robert at webedb.com
Wed Mar 26 14:51:09 CDT 2008

John,

What I take offense with is the attitude of "Help me, but let
me rant about how difficult it is."

A priest no. But at one time, I was a licensed minister in
one of the mainstream denominations.  :-)

Spam and junk mail are never valid. Think of the trees and
bandwidth wasted.

Ask the questions and leave the commentary out.

You have your expertise at classes, etc in Access. I have a lot
of experience there also. I have a client management system,
DB in SQL Server, that I have developed over the last 10+
years. A number of social service agencies use it. When I chose
to use SQL Server, I did not whine about how hard it was to use.
Now, as a DBA and SQL programmer, I continue to be amazed at
what SQL Server can do.  And, I still do some of my FE work in
Access, but am moving to .Net for that.

Comparing SQL Server to dBase II is like comparing a skateboard to
a Cadillac. Everything evolves in the programming world. Just not
at the speed you want it to.

Robert