[dba-SQLServer] Question about the transaction log

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 11:37:53 CDT 2008

Yes,
  stuff is always written to the log.. one way to avoid this is to set your
database recovery model to Simple, then the changes are actually made to the
tempdb, one method that I use to control log growth is to setup a job that
will truncate the log when it hits 60% of it's full size... I initially
start a full backup before I tackle the index defrag that way I have a
recovery point if I need one. :)