[dba-SQLServer] Views

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 21:31:39 CDT 2008

Hi Francisco,

Your last paragraph was precisely the point I was attempting to make,
however inelegantly I phrased it. We are in 100% agreement on this.

A.
>> btw, if the argument here is that you are linking a view directly to
access
then yes, all the data is sent to access and access further fileters the
results by adding the where clause there, however if you link the view as a
pass-through query, you loose nothing in performance by pre-filtering the
results at the sql engine instead of at access.