[dba-SQLServer] Line Numbers

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 13:42:22 CDT 2008

Does the editor in Management Studio recognize logical or physical line
numbers? Given this code...

<sql>
  CREATE TABLE
   #TempCash_Consideration (
     PPersonContactType_ID  int
     , Currency_ID int
     , CashValue decimal(18,2)
     , CashValue_FXH decimal(18,2)
     , Withdrawals decimal(18,2)
     , Contributions decimal(18,2))

</sql>

... does the editor regard this as one logical line? The reason I'm asking
is that I have an error trapping routine that reports the procedure name and
line number, but the line reported doesn't make sense. It's an
occasional problem with a deadlock, but the line reported to be the problem
is the above, which doesn't make sense. The lines after this one do an
INSERT | SELECT. Could that be the problem?