[dba-SQLServer] PRETTY URGENT: How to connect to SQL Server 2005 ona workstation, not the server

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 09:43:14 CST 2009

Michael,

After about six hours on the phone with Microsoft, my wife got things
working again.  The server's registry had to be re-built and SQL Server
re-installed.  So the use of a workstation copy of SQL Server is now moot.

However, it would be VERY interesting to see about getting that capability
working in case the server ever puked again.  I will keep your suggestion
handy and forward it to my wife.

Thank you.

Steve Erbach
Neenah, WI