[dba-SQLServer] NoLocks

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 17:39:51 CST 2009

if it's not likely to change then you should receive a performance boost
simply by going to nolocks, because the engine does not engage a lock for
the rows or pages it is reading.  The only real caveat is when you are
worried about dirty reads, that is data that could be in the processes of
changing.