[dba-SQLServer] SQL Server "locks up"

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 13:45:11 CDT 2009

But the issue that John is describing is that his entire system is locked up
for up to a minute.  I am thinking that the problem lies within the i/o
setup.  On my servers here (the massive systems) they are all setup where I
have my mirror drive on one card, and the page file on a 2nd channel on a
different set of drives.
my transaction log is an fiber channel on one volume, as is the database and
the tempdb.

I am curious if you could move the pagefile over from the c drive to another
set of drives(if you have them) to test out this theory.