[dba-SQLServer] Syntax to add field to index

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 20:16:48 CDT 2009

I looked into this on your behalf and have not come up with anything useful
(c.f. ALTER INDEX etc.).

My suggestion thereore is to drop the index(es) and create from scratch.
This syntax is trivial and by now I'm sure that you know it by rote. You
have wrestled numeruous pigs in the mud in this app, so I won't bother you
with redundant ops.

There (IMO) is no advantage to be gained by any ALTER INDEX variation.
Better to DROP INDEX then recreate it according to your new requirements.

A.