[dba-SQLServer] SS7: Cannot open or drop a table

Rojas, Joe joe.rojas at symmetrynb.com
Mon Jun 29 14:41:28 CDT 2009

Hi All,

We had a big domain migration this past weekend and I had to migrate a
SQL Server 7 box that is running Windows 2000 server.
Part of the migration was that I had to rename the server also.

I found a great and simple article online that described how to survive
a computer rename when running SQL Server 7 and everything seemed to
have worked.
This morning I found one application not playing nicely and it turns out
to be a bad table in one of the databases.

I cannot open the table and I cannot drop the table. All other tables in
this database work properly.
Any ideas on how to get around this? Is there a way to drop the table?

Joe