[dba-SQLServer] NULLs

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 10:16:53 CDT 2009

kudos,    That is an excellent example! but I would think that this example
would not justify nulls but enforce the odd -1 rule, ie,  marking items as
unknown.  When was the last time you were allowed to leave an area of the
medical form just blank?  there is always an entry for -other-;  data entry
systems also generally allow for the unmistakable -other/unknown- field.

it seems to make more sense to people than simply not filling out an area of
the form.