[dba-SQLServer] NULLs

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Mon Mar 16 14:17:53 CDT 2009

Hi Asger,

I stand corrected!  I just tried this with two simple tables and a
relationship that did enforce referential integrity, and did have cascade
update and delete checked.

While I can't create a new record in the subtable that doesn't have a
matching number in it's FK field, I could delete the number in the FK field
after the record was initially saved.

I didn't know this could be done - even though referential integrity was
checked, I could easily defeat it!  Dangerous!

Thanks!
Dan