[dba-SQLServer] SQL Server linked to Teradata

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Mar 26 16:35:36 CDT 2009

ODBC drivers have various levels of conformance.

I've run into some that are very basic (don't ask me what I think of Jade)

Many proprietary systems are not even relational databases as we know them, they are
Object Oriented and the ODBC driver is based on virtual tables  - which of necessity limits
much of the DDL part of ODBC. (don't ask me what I think of Jade)

It's quite possible that the Teradata ODBC driver just doesn't support what you are trying to
do.

--
Stuart