[dba-SQLServer] Bottom posting, sigs, etc...

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 11:24:55 CDT 2009

The thing is that generally when you don't understand something you tend to
follow up with a question... such as I don't understand that, or I don't
think that applies to me because of xyz.  sometimes you need to repeat
yourself because this is an email list and not a forum where you can simply
just tell people ... doh... read the 3 messages above. etc.
John would have liked hand crafted examples that matched his situation where
he could have lifted the code and plopped it down on his screen.  I know I
at the time was too busy with my day job to provide very detail responses,
but tried to provide him with keywords and links to articles that answered
his questions,  sometimes that ment that he would have had to write his own
sproc, I know how scary that can be especially since he has that gargantuam
database and the last thing he wanted to do was to run a useless query that
would possibly take days to run, and not have a result.  Unfortunately for
him he chose the wrong time to learn more about sql server while taking on
such a huge project.