[dba-SQLServer] Very Long Opening Time for SQL Express

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Mon Nov 9 13:01:48 CST 2009

I have a fast PC I built about two years ago. XP Pro, Quad core, 2 Gb fast
ram, etc.

It has opened very quickly in the past.  Also, even opening a small table to
look at data is quite slow in addition to a slow opening.

Management Studio did open this morning in about 7 or 8 minutes, not 20 or
30.

Thanks!
Dan