[dba-SQLServer] SQL Server 2005 unresponsive

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Sep 4 12:12:16 CDT 2009

Jim,

Thanks for the response.  I have to agree, it does seem to be something ODBC / Access related in
that pretty much everything I do directly inside of SQL Server works just fine.  It is annoying that
SQL Server would ALLOW an ODBC call from Access to cause it to go into turtle mode though.

 > Have you tried .Net?

Oddly enough I have, but it was some time ago.  I was doing this stuff in VB.Net / ADO, but I was so
slow at the .Net development that when I needed to "get something done" I just went back to Access.
  I cannot make any valid comparisons however as back when I was doing the .Net work I also was a
complete nube at the SQL Server stuff as well, couldn't even write a SP.

I am taking a C# class now and will be moving squarely into C# in the future.  I have pretty much
made a decision to make that my future.  But in the here and now...