[dba-SQLServer] SQL Server 2005 unresponsive

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Sep 5 11:51:09 CDT 2009

Arthur,

This is a set of around a dozen or so stored procedures.  The stored procedures are what are run,
from Access.  One specific stored procedure, which runs just fine from SQl Server, just goes away
from Access.  Oddly it has worked in the past.  Now it literally hangs SQL Server and in fact will
cause Windows to hang as well.  I started it running from Access last night, this morning still not
done, and the server itself (Windows) was completely unresponsive.  And yet when I run all the stuff
(In Access) but stop the process just before this one specific stored procedure, I can then run that
SP from inside of SQL Server and it only takes a half hour or so.

The things I put up with!