[dba-SQLServer] HELP, server completely unresponsive

Nancy Lytle nancy.lytle at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 14:36:09 CDT 2009

What is your MAXDOP set to?  I found that setting mine a little lower than expected actually helped.

We have 2 processors, it was set to use all.  This would cause some queries to just suck the life out of it sometimes so I cut it back to 1 and it runs much better.

Nancy Lytle
N_Lytle at terpalum.umd.edu

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me