[dba-SQLServer] [AccessD] [dba-VB] HELP, server completely unresponsive

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Sep 28 15:56:26 CDT 2009

Hi John

Perhaps you forgot to give the "applications" (foreground user activities) first priority - that's one of the differences between the default settings of a server OS and a workstation OS.
My computer, System (advanced), Properties, Advanced, Performance ..

With your tasks I would indeed move _all_ user applications and development tools to a workstation and leave the server applications on one or more servers dedicated that purpose running optimized server OS(s).

/gustav

>>> jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com 28-09-2009 21:29 >>>

Again this is .. a SERVER OS.