[dba-SQLServer] Upgrade to MySql

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Aug 8 20:15:02 CDT 2010

If you are happy to go with ODBC linked tables,  it's simple - just create a MySQL database
with the same tables and link to them instead of the Access tables.

It's quite possible that that is all you need.  Try it and see whether there are perfomance
problems - if so, you will need to look at optimising your data sets with views and pass-
through queries.

FWIW, I've used Access FEs with OBDC connections to SQL Server and/or MySQL in a
number of cases and have not experienced any performance problems to date.

--
Stuart