[dba-SQLServer] SSMS unable to create/open solutions

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 15:22:35 CST 2010

I found this on google, maybe it will help you out
from
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/tfsgeneral/thread/becf015a-38e3-4acd-96f8-836a980cc2ce

After dealing with numerous installation issues like management studio not
beign installed and then trying to install Client tools and getting
rediculous errors, I found the MSI that sorted it all out for me.

In Enterprise edition, go to your DVD directory and find the following:

  \ENGLISH\SQL2005\ENTERPRISE\32BIT\Tools\Setup\SqlRun_Tools.msi

When you run this, you will be able to force the installation of all the
client tools which will put Management Studio in, as well as add the project
types for Visual Studio.