[dba-SQLServer] [AccessD] Apples to Oranges

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Oct 5 11:21:33 CDT 2010

Stuart,

Your gut feeling is correct.  We created a dynamic sql statement and updated 100 columns
simultaneously using your method and it ran in 33 minutes.  I am now going for broke and doing the
rest of the columns.  We have updated 160 total so far so the next pass will try to do all the
remaining columns in one blast.

Thanks for recommending this method, you have saved my poor disk drives weeks of punishment.