[dba-SQLServer] Stored procedure parameters

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Aug 5 16:36:34 CDT 2011

I have a form which I want to open and display a single record in.  I am building a SP to pull just
that one record but I have two different parameters that I can use to find the record, the PKID (an
Integer) and a string "opus number".  IOW I will pass one or the other but not both.

Should I build a single SP with two params and just do a test internal to the SP to determine which
param has a value in it?  Should I build two different SPs?  Should I use some third strategy?