[dba-SQLServer] Is it possible

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Feb 25 20:48:09 CST 2011

The upsize from Access to SQL Server is not going to be trivial.  I might be able to zip and upload
to my office where I have servers with office 2003 and Windows 2008 x64 and 16 or 32 gig RAM.

However I am wondering whether it is possible to build the table structure of this one table over in
SQL Server (express 2005) which (back in Access) contains an autonumber PK.  In SQL Server, remove
the PK as well as the autoincrement property from the table.  Append the data into the table in SQL
Server, then put the autoincrement / PK property back on the PK field in SQL Server.