[dba-SQLServer] List politeness - responding to answers

Francisco fhtapia at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 19:05:23 CST 2011

Agreed
Sent from my mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: "Asger Blond" <ab-mi at post3.tele.dk>
Sender: dba-sqlserver-bounces at databaseadvisors.comDate: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 00:19:17
To: 'Discussion concerning MS SQL Server'<dba-sqlserver at databaseadvisors.com>; 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'<accessd at databaseadvisors.com>
Subject: [dba-SQLServer] List politeness - responding to answers

Often enough I’ve seen people on this list responding questions and never getting any response as to whether their answer was helpful or not. This is not polite.

And it sure isn’t getting our understanding and knowledge any further. Questioners are often busy and need quick and dirty answers. But remind that the persons responding you also are also busy. And also remind that we have a great amount of lurkers who would like to know the right answer or at least know if the answer provided is sound.

So please be polite and respond to answers.

Asger