[dba-SQLServer] Deleted my own user, can't log in

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Jan 22 23:07:52 CST 2011

Well this is annoying.  It seems I deleted the user that I created the instance of sql server with
SSMS Security Logins object.  Now I have no authority to do anything.

Is there a way to put it back in?  I tried to create it over again but I cannot seem to do so.  In
fact I recreated the vmDev\jwcolby user but I can't even see the properties of that user, even
though that is me...

I think...

Am I just screwed?

Can I even delete the server instance?

Luckily I wasn't all that far along in defining databases but I have probably a dozen hours involved
in two specific databases.