[dba-SQLServer] Change default backup destination and reduction of log file size

Asger Blond ab-mi at post3.tele.dk
Wed Jan 26 04:29:07 CST 2011

In SSMS rightclick the server name - choose Facets - then in BackupDirectory enter the destination folder.
Notice that this will only be the default backup folder for databases you have not previously backed up - for previously backed up database you have to change the destination manually.

As for reducing the log file you have to make a BACKUP LOG - a full database backup won't reduce the log file.

Asger