[dba-SQLServer] When are log files used

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 11:23:57 CDT 2011

Wow I like your speedy setup, just remember to backup often, also
something that might help during large operations is to switch the
recovery model to simple mode to help maintain the log file size,
operations are automatically flushed and the space is reused when
write operations commit to the db files.  Full recovery models are
only really needed if you have to be able to restore back up to the
minute before failure.

Sent from my mobile