[dba-SQLServer] Updating Database Compatibility Level

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 16:31:51 CDT 2011

yes, just changing the compatibility level will change what is needed for
the database and allows you access to all the newer sql server 2008
features.  the advantage is that you are more compatible with the current
engine.  As Microsoft moves forward you will have features supported in
previous version of sql server deprecated or behave oddly, to help avoid odd
behavior you'd normally update to the current compatibility level.  Other
than syntax and the newer sql 2008 features I don't know what else would be
the pressing issue unless the company runs scripts specifically targeted at
a specific database version.

-Francisco
http://bit.ly/sqlthis   | Tsql and More...
http://db.tt/JeXURAx | Drop Box, Storage in the Cloud (free)