[dba-SQLServer] Restore SQL2000 database to SQL2008 Express

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Wed Mar 2 18:34:36 CST 2011

Team,

I can't find anything on the net about this.  Does anyone know if a
database developed on SQL2000 can be restored on SQL2008
Express?  Are there any problems?

I have a client that only has SQL2008 Express.  I already have
SQL2000 and SQL2005 installed on my development machine but am
reluctant to add another version.  If I can get away with developing
in what I am familiar with and restoring to the newer version I would
be a happy camper.

Regards

David Emerson
Dalyn Software Ltd