[dba-SQLServer] Using SQL Server through my web site

Michael Maddison michael at ddisolutions.com.au
Thu Oct 20 02:33:29 CDT 2011

Hi JC,

I've done it but I don't do it often.
IIRC Our host requires us to upload a backup of the db.
We let them know via email the db is ready, including user details and
they have it set up in no time. YMMV.
You should be able to get the IP via your Plesk (or similar) terminal
and create a connection from Enterprise manager or use the built in
tools (Plesk).
Your host login should have admin privs over your database only.
Name the db well as it will be sitting with many others.
Never really got the backup tools to work with my Host so I email them
to drop a backup into a folder I created and I ftp it back here.
Got a feeling there will be issues with the user account, you may need
to drop and recreate the login.
Oh yeah, probably doesn't need to be said but I don't think you can use
Windows Authentication.

Good luck

Michael M