[dba-SQLServer] Syncing Virtual Machines

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 14:20:58 CDT 2011

> On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 12:07 PM, jwcolby <jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com>wrote:

As it is, in my life "sucking it up" means losing money.  LOTS of money!

I did read your thread* Mr Jack of all Trades*... a 10 minute job is a lot
better than the alternative could have been (silver lining).  I get that you
make money only when you are selling lists/reports, applications/databases
etc.  But just as any business has required maintenance, server IT
maintenance is a required byproduct.

If you were a cab service, you only make money when your cars are
transporting people, but you still need to "loose" money in fueling the cabs
up along with all the other required maintenance such oil changes, tune ups,
new tires, belts, etc...

server and network maintenance is the same, you can't magically be making
money and not expect to service the computers and networks that provide you
the benefit of working from home. :)

in deed, Suck it up :)

-Francisco
http://bit.ly/sqlthis   | Tsql and More...