[dba-SQLServer] Syncing Virtual Machines

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 12:27:28 CDT 2011

John,
but as you stated, you do make enough $$ to just suck it up, which even if
it is a pita to copy folders out because you haven't a clue how to properly
backup your VMs.  You've done the leg work and have been totaly unsucessful
in properly backing up your VMs, true you have a workaround and you have an
estimate of non-billable hours that you have spent on this task.  You've
also taken a stab at plumbing and your own electrical work which is how you
figured it's cheaper to just hire in some "big guns" to get it done.

knowing what you know now about how you cannot backup a VM, you could
contact MS and ask for tech support and estimate on how to get the VMs
backed up.

It was in these scenarios when I was researching VMs on why I picked VMware,
because they were established, and everything could be done by our IT team,
because it did not take any strange voodoo magic or our company "sucking it
up".  and btw, I did the research on my on hours not on company time...

technically any money on maintenance isn't ever re-couped, it's always a
setback because if you hadn't spent it you'd still have it...

Let's get back to SQL

-Francisco