[dba-SQLServer] Fwd: Joining temp tables in SPROC

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 02:57:38 CDT 2011

Hello Francisco,

I spent an hour or two yesterday morning working on my script, and I have to
avoid temptation this morning to do the same.

However, I cannot wait to try to implement your examples where.

To further extend the exercise, I discovered yesterday that I may have
multiple occurrences of the search string, and I need to capture each
occurrence.  Yesterday morning, I was experimenting with finding a column
where the string exists and then using a while loop to and charindex to
search for all occurrences.  Does that sound right to you?

Thanks for the articles, I will work on them and post back my results when I
have something useful to post.

Mark