[dba-SQLServer] SQL 2008, SQL 2008 R2, SQL Server Denali CTP3.

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 16:47:19 CDT 2011

At the moment I have the first two installed, and I burned a DVD containing
both 32-and 64-bit Denali CTP3. At the moment I don't have any SQL Server
clients.

1. Can I safely remove SQL 2008 and leave R2 in place, in case something
comes up, or is R2 dependent on SQL 2008? Anyone know?
2. As far as I know, I have no need for SQL Compact Edition but may leave it
on. Is it just another name for SQL Express?
3 I'm even thinking of removing R2 and just diving into Denali, but that can
wait.

TIA,