[dba-SQLServer] SQL 2008, SQL 2008 R2, SQL Server Denali CTP3.

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Sep 4 17:04:58 CDT 2011

SQL Server is capable of running running multiple instances of different version concurrently.

If you remove the Default Instance,  make sure that you create another default one.

CE is not the same as Express.

CE is designed to run in a small footprint on mobile devices etc and is an "in-process", single
user database.

Express is client/server the same as the rest of the SQL Server family.

It's the same as the difference beteen SQLite and MySQL.

--
Stuart